My greatest blessings

My greatest blessings

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Young talent!

Today my brilliant young Creative Writing students tried their hand at poetry. I am very thrilled with the resulting masterpiece!

Hidden Treasures
By Kelsey Ball, George Bradley, Brenda Ray, and Elijah Street
(Under the guidance of Kelly Ball)

With a simple piece of paper
And a pencil or a pen,
One can write a lovely poem
To entrap the hearts of men.

With a bait that's so enticing,
We are sure to reel them in,
For the tug of rhyme and rhythm
Is a hook that's sure to win.

For the joy of this ensnarement
Is a gift to those it holds,
Fitly spoken silver pictures,
Apples sweet of rarest gold.



Yes, I must admit, I feel the overwhelming pride of a momma bird watching her babies fly for the first time;). I hope I can transfer not just the tools of writing, but the love of the written word itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment